Thousands of KICKR and KICKR SNAP owners have already discovered a powerful mix of their Wahoo Smart Trainer and Rouvy for indoor training. Rouvy includes 1500+ routes with high-quality synchronized videos, workouts, multi-ride mode for group rides, online races and more. Rouvy is one of the top 3 most used software applications by the cycling community for indoor training. 29 million kilometers have been ridden altogether over time on its real-but-virtual roads, and the number continues to climb.
Riders committed to an incredible indoor cycling experience have helped transform Rouvy into the unique software platform it is today by submitting their favorite local routes. From the middle of Iowa to the top of the French Alps, route creators let cyclists from all over the world ride where they want, when they want and with anyone they want. We are happy to encourage (as well as an award) more people to create and share their beloved cycling routes.
Duration & the Process
The Wahoo Route contest will last through September 17, 2017.
Routes eligible for enrollment in the contest should be submitted by September 17, 2017.
Each route submitted until September 17, 2017 will be reviewed and have a chance to be the winner. It will be made fair for all active users that have been uploading the routes during the summer. All uploaded routes, starting from June 1, 2017, will be automatically included into the contest. There is no limit to the number of routes that can be uploaded by one person. Of course, there are some recommendations as to how to ensure your routes get a little competitive advantage (see below). The best routes will be hand-picked by the Rouvy team (which will represent the jury board) at the end of the contest period to win top-notch prizes!
- Grand prize: A Wahoo ELEMNT Bundle: GPS Bike computer, HR monitor, speed and cadence sensor ($430 in value)
- 1st Runner-up: A Wahoo Sensor Bundle: HR monitor, speed and cadence sensor ($120 in value) + one Rouvy premium for 1 year ($120 in value)
- 2d Runner-up: A Wahoo Sensor Bundle (HR monitor, speed and cadence sensor) - ($120 in value)
- One random draw by Rouvy among the rest of participants: One Rouvy premium for 1 year ($120 in value)
(You can find more info about Wahoo bike computers here.)
Winners will be announced on September 21, 2017.
- Rouvy reserves the right to disqualify and/or report any submissions that are deemed inappropriate or copyrighted by a third party. Please submit original videos only.
- Rouvy will contact winners immediately after the announcement.
- Prizes are not exchangeable for money and to be shipped to the winners by Wahoo Fitness according to standard shipment terms to your country.
- Rouvy will award premium subscriptions by email using a special code or manually.
- Winner’s photo with the prizes in hands is not mandatory, but for us it is a nice-to-have for posting on social media for proof and encouragement for others.
*The official promoter and administrator of this promo is VirtualTraining s.r.o., Czech Republic.
All exhaustive legal general terms & conditions are located here.
Required to be enrolled:
- Clear and steady video (best if mounted to a car or scooter)
- Matching GPS data (Rouvy team will edit the route)
- Minimum length of 15 km for flats and 5 km for climbs
- HD Video quality
Recommended video criteria (how to win):
- Sunny weather
- Avoid any intense traffic
- Try to maintain a speed similar to the speed of a cyclist (if you record the Route by car)
- Try to avoid steep downhills
- Insert splits (checkpoints)
Videos will be judged by the Rouvy team. Decisions will be based primarily on video content, place of the route (travel destinations and video from UCI calendar are preferred) and the weather in the video (rain and snow are discouraged).
The best videos will be used on Rouvy and are intended to motivate people who ride indoors, so the routes recorded should be fun and exciting to ride.
How to submit
Easy as pie: Record. Upload. Win.
Seriously. What do you need?
1. Hardware: Garmin Virb´s or GoPro 5 (integrated GPS); alternatively, you can use GoPro 3+ or higher with a separate GPS device.
2. Rouvy Route Editor (Check out this post for more route recording details and instructions).
3. Upload the route to Rouvy platform using Route Editor.
You will receive notification that route has been successfully uploaded and this will also confirm that you have been automatically enrolled in the contest. In case you fail to upload your route via the route editor you are also able to upload to any file sharing service and send links to both video and .gpx/.klm/.fit files to email@example.com. Any queries related to the contest can be sent to the same address.
As stated above, we are more than happy to review any uploaded route; however, some videos will be prioritized over others. We've made a short list of World Tour regions that are interesting, not only to us, but to the whole cycling community:
Andorra, Corsica, Jura, Midi-Pyrénées, Provence-Alpes-Cote d´Azur, Rhone-Alpes, Vosges.
Abruzzo, Lombardia, Piemonte, Sicilia, Trentino-Alto Adige, Valle d´Aoste, Veneto.
Andalucia, Andorra, Aquitaine, Aragon, Asturias, Cantabria, Catalonia, Midi-Pyrenees, Sierra Nevada.
Carinthia, Salzburg, Tyrol, Innsbruck.
Regions featured on Tour of California, Tour of Utah and USA Pro Challenge.
Each route from Cycling Classics is very appreciated and valuable.
IM World Championship (Kona), IM Lanzarote, IM Texas, IM Wisconsin, IM France, IM South Africa, IM Wales, IM Frankfurt, any route from Challenge Family.
For your inspiration, here is a clear example of how to be the best - take a look at the last contest winning route (‘video sync’ tab) made by Jesus Tabuyo from Spain. Now is your chance to be a part of this club!